Superwho AU - Sass Masters (Part 1)
└Donna will have none of their shit
YOU CAN’T JUST
Animated Doctor Hoo
Original Illustration by M.Dyer
If Tumblr crashes tomorrow, it’s the Sherlock fandom.
If Tumblr crashes the day after tomorrow, it’s the Tolkien fandom.
If Tumblr crashes the day after the day after tomorrow, it’s the Supernatural fandom.
If Tumblr crashes three days after that, it’s the Doctor Who fandom.
The Fandoms take Tumblr
For wallpapers, edits, and the like.
We only ask that if you make new fanart out of it, tag it ‘doctor who’ so that the world can see.
Silence in the Library/Asylum of the Daleks - CAL and Oswin Oswald parallels. (Click on the pictures for descriptions.)
So I was rewatching old DW episodes today and came across Silence in the Library. The left picture is of CAL, the little girl the Library was made for. The right is Clara, or Oswin, depending on which you like to call her.
New theory is slowly emerging.
1. CAL’s last words were “Aren’t I a clever girl?”, whereas Oswin’s are always “Run, you clever boy, and remember”, the remember part implying that he has to recall her. Or maybe it just means “if something is remembered it can be brought back”, but I don’t know.
2. Oswin can hack into extremely complex data bases, perhaps because she’s CAL? Or maybe the “total screaming genius” description could mean she has all of the knowledge of the Library. /random thought
3. Their looks.
4. They both lived in virtual realities they created for themselves.
The Serial Killer from Sherlock
Stole the TARDIS
To go back in time and throw knives at King Arthur
more proof that bbc only has 12 actors
He’s also now the Devil in Being Human, so yeah …only 12 actors sounds about right.
Don’t forget that he played Andrew Scott’s dad in The Town
the voices from the TARDIS in Journey to the centre of the TARDIS episode
When the Encyclopaedia Gallifreya ‘leaks’ and we hear knowledge ebbing from its container, you might just be able to catch the familiar voice of Timothy Dalton – in other words, Rassilon himself from The End of Time.
Immediately after Bram tries to dismantle the TARDIS console we hear an audio mosaic of lines from previous episodes– some more clearly than others… We initially catch the Doctor’s granddaughter, Susan, from An Unearthly Child, revealing how the initials of TARDIS stand for Time and Relative Dimension in Space. Also from that story, towards the end of the sequence, you can hear one of the people she was addressing – Ian Chesterton – expressing his astonishment at the nature of the ship! The clips from that scene are taken from:
• An Unearthly Child, episode 1. (see above)
• Colony in Space, episode 1. The Third Doctor explains to Jo Grant that the TARDIS is dimensionally transcendental.
• The Robots of Death, episode 1. The Fourth Doctor discusses trans-dimensional engineering with Leela.
• The Doctor’s Wife. The TARDIS asks if ‘sexy thing’ is her name!
• Rose. The Ninth Doctor assures Rose that the assembled hordes of Genghis Khan couldn’t get through ‘that door’.
• The Beast Below. Amy Pond reflects that she is in space…
• Smith and Jones. Martha Jones struggles to understand the TARDIS.
For more details on this weekend’s episode check out the Fourth Dimension post from the BBC Doctor Who site.
Welcome to Platform 9¾
1 / 63
"Wit beyond measure
is man's greatest treasure"
"It is our choices that show what we truly are,
far more than our abilities."
- Albus Dumbledore